puntoimaginario
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say Hello to Rec. 2020, the Color Space of the Future

Go down

Say Hello to Rec. 2020, the Color Space of the Future Empty Say Hello to Rec. 2020, the Color Space of the Future

Post  Admin Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:09 am

Aqui os dejo un curioso articulo sobre el pasado Rec 709 y el futuro próximo y Rec 2020.

What is Rec. 2020?

Say Hello to Rec. 2020, the Color Space of the Future Rec2020

Rec. 2020 is the designated color space for ultra high definition TV, or UHDTV, in both its variants: 4K and 8K. It gets its name from the standards classification: ITU-R Recommendation BT.2020. Rec stands for ‘recommendation’.

Before I proceed, it is important to understand that Rec. 2020 (or Rec. 709 for that matter) isn’t the name for the color space. Rec. 2020 represents the full range of specifications under UHDTV, while Rec. 709 represents the full range of specifications under HDTV.

However, because no official name is given to the color spaces under these standards, we refer to them as Rec. 709 or Rec. 2020 color spaces. It often leads to confusion though. When I use these terms, I only refer to them as color spaces.

How does it compare to other color spaces?

Rec. 2020 is ultimately designed for television, and not cinema. Therefore, it is to be expected that its properties must behave according to current signal processing standards. In this respect, its foundation is based on current HD and SD video signal characteristics.

As far as color bit depth is concerned, it allows for a maximum of 12 bits, which as we know is more than enough for humans.

MAS INFORMACION

Admin
Admin

https://puntoimaginario.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down